Honors Chemistry Name______________________________
Mr. McAfoos Period____________ Date_____________
Solve the following problems. Be sure to think about the units of each property as you go through the problems.
1. A balloon has a volume of 34 L. If the pressure goes from 1.22 atm to 3.11 atm what wil the new volume of the balloon be?
2. A balloon has a volume of 35.6 L at a temperature of 34.9oC. If the temperature goes up to 56oC what will the new volume be?
3. A balloon at 210K has a volume of 56 L. If the temperature is dropped until the balloons volume is only 35 L what is the new temperature in oC?
4. If a spray can has an internal pressure of 1.88 atm at room temperature (20oC), what will the pressure be if the temperature of the can goes up to 350 K?
5. A weather balloon has a volume of 345 L at 21 degrees C and 1.04 atm. If it flies up to a place where the pressure is only 530 mm Hg and the temperature drops to -3.4oC what will the new volume be?
6. A balloon is filled with 13 moles of gas so that its volume is 302 L. If the balloon is slowly leaking so that at a later time it holds only 4.7 moles what will the volume of the balloon be?