AP Chemistry - Acids and Bases Quiz
1. Write the two dissociation reactions for sulfuric acid in water. In each reaction, label the conjugate pairs, acids and bases.
2. What is the pH of a 0.00200 M solution of nitric acid (HNO3)?
3. What is the pH of a 0.00200 M solution of nitrous acid (HNO2)? Ka = 4.5 x 10-4
4. What is the aresenate concentration in a 1.000 M solution of arsenic acid? (H3AsO4)
Ka1 = 4.8 x10-3, Ka2 = 1.0 x 10-7, Ka3 = 1.0 x 10-13
5. When 30.00 ml of 1.000 M HCl are titrated with 0.500 M NaOH, what is the pH after additions of 0, 1.00, 30.00, 60.00, and 75.00 ml of the base. (Use the back of this page if you need more space)