Honors Chemistry – Kinetics Quiz
1. In the following statement there is at least one error. Correct any and all errors. You may simply rewrite the potion that is incorrect or you may rewrite the entire statement.
"Increasing the temperature will increase the rate of a reaction because it lowers the activation energy."
2. Adding a crystal to a supersaturated solution causes it to precipitate. Why?
3. What must happen for a reaction to occur? Be specific and complete.
4. On the graph below, label the axes (plural of axis) correctly and show the effect of a catalyst.
5. On the graph below, label the axes correctly and show the effect of a decrease in temperature.
6. On the graph below show the effect of a catalyst.
7. Use the data below to find the rate equation. Circle your answer.
N + 3 R ---> 2 Q
[N] [R] rate (M/s)
1.00 1.00 3.45
2.00 2.00 27.60
2.00 1.00 6.90